Friday, April 25, 2008

Praying for patience...

Here is a picture of Jan with Mille, Heidi, and Trinity from a few days ago. Here's my story for today.
So I'm pretty sure that someone decided to pray for patience for me recently and this is what happened:

I get to my sister's house today in my mom's Chevy Uplander that I am borrowing while they are on a mission trip and find out a little while after I arrive that I have a serious flat. So I manage to get through Bible study without giving it much thought. As soon as the study is over I instantly remember the flat and try to figure out what I am going to do. No one had a thing to blow up the tire, which was completely flat. Then I remembered that Terry has air compressors on his Voltwagons and Daniel is working and maybe he is coming to Ormond. So I call Daniel and ask him if he could swing by with a Voltwagon and he says yes! When he arrives he says that he is going to fill it up and then I have to leave immediately for the tire place so that it doesn't go flat before I get there (by the way, I ran over a nail). Me and the girls had planned to spend the day at Jess's to hang out with Jan and all the kids. I left Jael at home, but guess what? Heidi is hungry. So I get to bring her to the tire place and then breastfeed her in public - in a car shop waiting room! She cried most of the way there, which by the way was at least twice as long as normal because they have closed a road for construction. She cries the whole time I am in line, which is only 4 people long but each customer is averaging 10 minutes to be helped. There was no way she was going to make it until it was our turn so I decided to go ahead and feed her first. I am using a blanket, but am still getting stares as though I am some sort of exhibitionist. And then she won't even latch on - is screaming harder and harder. So, in frustration, I leave lobby of the car place and go and sit in the van to try and feed her. I still have yet to turn in my keys or talk to an employee. I called Erik and he said that maybe I should try just swaddling her to sleep. I was skeptical since she hadn't eaten in more than 3 1/2 hours, which she rarely goes that long and never long except at night. Well it did work. She was still fussy, but calmed down. Jan finally came to rescue me. She held Heidi while I went inside. We went home where I tried to feed her again. But no, she won't eat. Just screams. She was inconsolable. Usually when she is fussy I can just feed her to settle her, but she wouldn't eat. Now its been more than 4 hours since she ate. In all she didn't eat for about 7 hours straight. She cried most of that time with intermittent sleep while being held. She couldn't be put down for longer than a few minutes without waking up and crying.

So...don't ever pray for patience and ask your loved ones to avoid praying for patience for you. You just may be given a lesson.

By the way, after she ate she was great and we had a wonderful evening! Jan made a DELICIOUS raw dinner for all of us. Our friend Sparkle came over for dinner and we had a great time. Erik and Rob filled the kids play area out back with mulch while we played with the kids outside.

I'm exhausted and going to bed!

No comments: