Friday, December 19, 2008

"Get back here, now!"

This is how we started the day this morning, only the words did not come from my lips. Jael declared this to me with a mother's tone as I walked away from my bed with Heidi in my arms. Apparently she wanted me to pick her up and carry her out of the bedroom as well. She also pointed right next to her to emphasize where "here" was. To make a long story short, she eventually ended up in her bed in tears. We did recover with a little love and a showing of Veggie Tales "The Christmas Star."

2 comments:

Kennedy Kween said...

I sit here laughing and one day you will too (if you haven't already). One day you will cry, that this only happened "yesterday" instead of 20 years ago. Sit and enjoy this moment, as it will pass way too quickly.

Maybe we should resume riverwalking and discussing strong willed children? Isaac is starting to display a nice mix of both mine and my husbands bull headedness. Instead of 50/50 he is showing 100% of both :)

Lifes A Dance said...

well...she could have said ..."don't you dare " as you held her arm to spank her...like my daughter did...yeah, she ended up in tears on her bed also....