Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Another Day...

So Jael and I came to Shands today on our own. Heidi needed some daddy time and really there is no need for both of us to be here unless she actually would be ready for her stem cells to be harvested. She did really well having her blood drawn and I was feeling hopeful that today they would tell us her white blood cells were up. Nope. Everything is down. Her red blood cells are so low that we need another transfusion. So dissapointing. I know what my little girl needs is to go home for a little while before her next chemo treatment starts next Friday.

I'm feeling a little sorry for myself and for Jael. And for that matter for Jan, Erik, and Heidi. Although the Ronald McDonald House is very nice, its just not home. We were hoping to go home by today and it looks like we could be here through the weekend. :-(

What really gets me is that we have so much further to go on this journey. I know I need to only take it one day at a time, but its hard to look ahead and be exhausted. God help me to rely on you for each day.

No comments: